What is and isn’t covered on a buildings insurance policy

Buildings insurance is incredibly important for anyone who owns a property and is especially important for homeowners. A good Insurance Brokers Bath way like https://www.markrichard.co.uk/areas-we-cover/insurance-brokers-bath can help you find the most appropriate cover. It is important that you are aware of what is and isn’t covered by this type of policy.

Image credit

Buildings insurance is designed to cover damage that may occur to your property that could result in the need for repairs or a complete rebuild of the entire property. The areas of a home that are covered include the walls, windows, bathrooms, kitchen, roof and any outbuildings that you have. The items within your home are not covered on a buildings insurance policy and would need to be covered on a contents insurance policy instead.

Image credit

The following is a list of the kinds of items and situations that may not be covered by a building’s insurance policy.

  • Wear and tear – this is general wear that occurs to your building. It could be the gradual eroding of your rendering or repairs that are needed to the roof as a result of the age of the slates or tiles.
  • Appliances – the washing machine, fridge and freezer in your home and the electric shower are not covered by buildings insurance.
  • Depending on your policy, you may not be covered for damage that occurs as a result of DIY work, pets, spillages and stains or damage that is caused by children.
Gabriel Montgomery

Gabriel Montgomery

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.